“tell the next generation the praise worthy deeds of the Lord…” (Psalm 78:4)
Scrapbooking God’s Way
The Bible commands us to remember what God has done in our lives – that’s what Faithbooking is. It is incorporating your faith and how God is working in your life into your photo albums – mostly through journaling. It’s giving God glory through your albums!
What is a Faithbook?
A Faithbook is a collection of pictures and stories that demonstrate how alive and active God is in our past, our present and our future. It’s also a beautiful way to get to know God on a much more personal level. Blessings, Trials, Forgiveness and Grace season our lives in so many many different ways… why not share your journey with others…
Why create a Faithbook?
Creating a Faithbook is a beautiful testimony to your family and friends about how God
has weaved your journey together. The time spent on Faithbooking can also increase
your awareness to just how much God loves you and has his eye on you… here’s a few
more wonderful reasons:
- Increase our faith– Every time we look back and remember times when the Lord sustained us through a difficulty or provided for our needs, our faith in Him grows. As written in Isaiah 46:9, “Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me”.
- Demonstrate obedience – God urged parents to pass their history down to their children. As written in Psalm 78:4, “We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power and the wonders He has done”.
- Glorify God – A Faithbook photo album can take daily special events and find the Lord’s fingerprints (His influence) in the activities. As written in Deuteronomy 6:5, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength”.
- Developing a grateful attitude in your life – As written in Deuteronomy 4:9,“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen, or let them slip from your heart as long as you live”.
- Encouraging ourselves and others – As written in Psalm 102:18, “This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord”.
- Reinforcing our family values and beliefs – As written in Isaiah 54:13, “And all your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children”.
Where do I start?
You can put together a Faithbook in a relatively short period of time or you can spend
weeks perfecting your Faithbook…here’s some ideas to start with:
- Prayer/ Blessings Journal
- Favorite Bible Scripture/Verses
- Lessons Learned – A journey of how God has taught you things
- Family History/ Scrapbook
- Grandmother’s/Mother’s Wisdom
- Grandfather’s/Father’s Faith Journey
- Child’s Spiritual Events and Occassions
When you are scrapbooking/ journaling ask yourself:
- How was God present in this picture/memory?
- How did God use me in this situation?
- Was this something I prayed for (ie/ car/child/vacation)?
- Was this even something that strengthened my faith?
- When has God rescued you in an amazing way?
- When have you done the right thing when it was hard?
- When has adversity molded and shaped you in a positive way?
- Was there a special song that comes to mind for this memory?
- Was there a special prayer that comes to mind for this memory or scripture verse?
Where can I find supplies?
Sarah Heidt/Colorbok has put together a beautiful line of scrapbooking items for Faithbooking. She has a website called praisebooking where you could share
ideas on Faithbooking.
There are three design themes her Life Blessings product line:
~ Faith Blessings – olives, blues, grays
~ Baby Blessings – browns, blues, yellows
~ Family Blessings – plums, blues, grays
Each one of these design themes is equally beautiful. I
had a really hard time choosing which design
theme… My Faithbook will be centered around my family and I love the olives, blues and grays so it was only fitting that I went with the Faith Blessings theme…
Stampin’ Up has a really nice product line of colors (cardstock, inks and markers), embellishments and wood mounted rubber Christian stamps that match wonderfully with the Life’s Blessings product line of Sarah’s… They have so much it is really hard to choose… so I decided not to choose and simply splurge! This way our classes will be abundantly blessed!
Since I went with the Faith Blessings design theme, here’s the cardstock colors, inks and markers that match this theme:
- night of navy
- brocade blue
- bordering blue
- perfect plum
- always amethyst
- always artichoke
- old olive
- mellow moss
- river rock
- sahara sand
- vellum paper
Stampin’ Up! offers beautiful embellishments to enhance you Faithbook:
- Hodgepodge Hardware
- Pretties Fabric Flowers Kit
- Silky Taffeta Ribbon
- Cute Grossgrain Ribbon
If you are a stamper, Stampin’ Up! has beautiful Christian stamps:
- Baby Jesus is Born
- City of David
- Close As a Memory
- Elegant Inspirations
- God Is Love
- God’s Blessings
- Peace to the World
- Refuge and Strength
I am so excited to begin the Faithbook journey… I cannot wait to share my adventures… I am sure as you get started this will be a journey that you grow from and when you are done you will have a testimony of your faith that can be enjoyed for generations to come.
I have created a special link section on the menu on the right called Elohim’s Corner….
this area is dedicated to Faithbooking. Hopefully you’ll enjoy this as much as I am!
[ Traduire au Francais] [Traducir al Espanol]
scrapbooking, card making, rubber stamping, paper crafts, handmade gifts, home business, highland park, creativity