Friends are the Chocolate Chips
May 25, 2008 at 4:39 pm (Recipe, Wonderful Gifts)
Oh my… what a neat thought – in the scheme of life, friends are the chocolate chips! What a nice verse to put in a card… and don’t forget to make the cookies!
Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces finely grated chocolate bar
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream together butter or margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together in a separate bowl: salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and oatmeal (put small amounts of oatmeal in blender until it turns to powder. Measure out 5 cups of oatmeal and only “powderize” that, NOT 5 cups “powderized” oatmeal).
- Mix all of the above.
- Add: chocolate chips, grated chocolate bar, and chopped nuts (any kind).
- Chill ingredients for 30 minutes.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet (make golf ball sized balls) and bake about two inches apart. Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Makes 112 cookies
[ Traduire au Francais] [Traducir al Espanol]
scrapbooking, card making, rubber stamping, paper crafts, handmade gifts, home business, highland park, creativity