Ever get a new stamp set and no matter how hard you try to stamp a great image – it just doesn’t come out right?
Here’s a great tutorial to get your stamped images picture perfect:
- The Secret to Stamping Great Images by Nicole Seitler @ the InkBlog
Here’s some additional tips:
- If you notice your ink is not adhearing to a few places on your stamp, take your stamp and rub it on a pair of jeans or stamp cleaning pad a bit. This will remove any oils used in stamp manufacturing and create a more conducive surface for your ink to stick.
- Ensure that your ink is not too watery… overinked ink pads cause blotchy stamped images.
- Make sure you are using the right ink for the right surface:
- Stampin’ Up!s Classic Inks are dye based inks that sit above the cardstock. Use these for stamping images for cards.
- Stampin’ Up!s Craft Inks are pigment based inks that are heavier inks that can be used to stamp all kinds of pourous surfaces such as fabric, cardstock and wood. Use these for stamping images to be placed in scrapbooks.
- Stazon’s Solvent Ink Pads are permanent ink that can be used to stamp all kinds of nonpourous surfaces such as metal, plastic and glass.
Have any more great tips for stamping great images?